Thursday, September 29, 2011

My Cricut

I'm fairly new to the Cricut family.  I purchased my Cricut towards the beginning of 2011.  I used to be a Creative Memories consultant, so when I got my Cricut I was super excited about all of the wonderful projects that I can make with it.  I have so many ideas for things that I want to make.  It's difficult to decide what to work on next.  You're not limited to just making scrapbook pages.  As you can tell by my first posts, I've made a number of cards since I got my Cricut.  I'm hoping to try to sell some of them before Christmas, so we'll see how that goes.

I used to be into making creative specialty cakes.  I had to quit doing them for now due to some medical problems I've been fighting since August of 2010 with my kidneys.  Doing paper crafting is very therapeutic to me and really makes me happy.  If you want you can check out the cakes I made at www.icingprincess.com.  I hope you enjoy looking at the pictures even though I'm still not doing cakes yet.  Maybe someday I'll be able to get back to them again.

Feel free to let me know what you think of the projects that I've posted or give me any ideas for projects that you want me to try.  If you need to know the names of any of the cartridges I've used please ask.  I posted a lot of pictures at once and did not name all of the Cricut cartridges I used.  Most of the early posts are from "Create A Critter," which is my favorite cartridge at the moment.  I absolutely LOVE it!

I also LOVE using my Cuttlebug...another Provocraft product.  I use it primarily to emboss items for cards and scrapbook pages.  I love being able to ad a textured element to my pages and cards.  I was so excited when I got my Cuttlebug!!!  It's so much fun to have and super easy to use.  I highly recommend it.

Other tools that I use are an ATG tape runner gun.  This is great as it holds so much more double sided tape, so you're not constantly running out and getting another tape runner.  I use my glue pen or Xyron sticker maker for smaller items that need to be glued. 

My favorite stamps are the "My Pink Stamper" stamps.  Check out www.mypinkstamper.com where you can view instruction videos and learn about how you can purchase any of Robyn's stamps.  They are really awesome and I wish I could afford to buy all of them!

I use ZOTS glue dots for adhering buttons to cards.  ZOTS are really perfect for this as they are super sticky and hold heavier items really well.

I have a great stash of ribbon as this embellishment is great to ad to any craft project. A number of different buttons are great too.  My mom taught me that you should never throw away a shirt without cutting the buttons off first.

Sams Club is a great place to purchase the paper flowers from that I use.  These are so cute to ad to cards and scrapbook pages.  I really love them.  You can also find a number of them on ebay.

I get my cardstock at Joanns and use the 40% off coupons that they provide through email if you sign up for them.  This is an excellent way to save money on your craft supplies.  You also want to make sure to pick up their weekly brochure booklet that they have at the front of the store.  Many times they have really good coupons in it to use for future sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment