Friday, November 11, 2011

Christmas Album Fun

For the mini Christmas album I started with 8 1/2" x 11" thicker brown cardstock from Joanns.  It's not chipboard but is thicker than regular cardstock.  I folded the sheets in half 5 1/2" x 11 inch now.  I made each paper square 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" by cutting them down with a scrapbooking cutting tool.  I used 3 sheets of paper on this project, but you could use more.

I opened up the pages to the center after stacking them all together and stitched them on my sewing maching down the crease in order to bind them all together.  This is a great method to keep the book together and is very fast.  I cut out all of my base pages that I planned on using first.  This saved me from having to constantly get my cutting tool out.  I used a new Christmas paper stack that I got from Joanns this month.  The sheets were cut at about 5" x 5".  I used my ATG gun to adhear them all.  You can decorate them however you want, but view the different pictures that I posted to get some ideas.

Materials
*stiff light brown cardstock
*Christmas scrapbook paper
*Buttons and flowers
*Tape Runner
*Sewing Machine
*Zots glue dots to adhear flowers and buttons
*String
*Scrapbooking supplies such as scissors, long cutters, and paper folders
(you can use a number of other elements to decorate with)

It's fun to make hidden pockets, just make sure to cut the insert paper smaller than the pocket so it will fit without touching your glue tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment