Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Great Ideas

I go to my "day job" and can't stop thinking about all of the crafts that I want to work on after I put my daughter to bed.  Ultimately, if I start working on something with her around she wants to "help" mommy get it done or is upset that she is not getting 100% of my attention.  It's cute when I am crocheting because she really wants to do it too.  This can be hazardous to my yarn collection if she gets ahold of it.  Her grandma has sat down and rewound MANY yarn balls for me after Meghan the Meghamonster gets ahold of them.  She loves to wind them all around the house and around the furniture legs.  I'm not quite sure how this is pretending to crochet like mommy, but she has fun.  I suppose the mess is my fault as I just let her have fun with it.  I'm happy that she is so excited about crafts.  Over the years craft projects and art have meant a lot to me, so I hope that my daughter gets as much pleasure out of craft projects as I do. 

Let's get back to the ideas that keep swimming around in my head.  I think I'm going to make a craft idea journal of all of the projects that I want to eventually make.  It would be fun to go back and ad pictures of the ones that actually come to fruition..  Lately I've just been sending e-mails to myself at home when I come up with a great idea of something that I want to try.  For example, I was thinking about all of the gift bags that I saved from my baby shower more than two years ago.  What in the world could I do with all of those bags?  I'm never going to use them all for shower gifts, but they are so cute that I don't want to throw them away.  I decided that they would make a great mini album for my sister in law's second baby.  I know they're not acid free or anything, but they'll still be fun to use!  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment