Saturday, January 14, 2012

My Pink Stamper - Pink-A-Licious Blog Hop Project 2

Ok, this is the second project that I did for the My Pink Stamper Pink-A-Licious blog hop for January.  This one is for me.  I'd been planning on making a card file book for Birthday and Anniversary cards.  I used large envelopes cut in half for the card holders in the book.  I found out for a project like this I actually do like to use the Scotts Quick Dry Adheasive.  Normally that adheasive just annoys me, but I suppose that's just personal preferance. 

I used 8 1/2 x 11 brown paper folded in half and glued together to each sheet to get 12 pages for each month of the year.  I don't think I will decorate the pages inside any more than I did since they will just be filled with cards.  I got the idea for this kind of book from a My Craft Channel video.

I used the swirl Cuttlebug embossing folder for the brown strip on the outside of the book.  I used the Country Life cartridge for the vase of flowers.  I inked the vase with pink ink first and then my broze metallic ink.  I think this effect turned out really cool.  I love the sentiment that I stamped, "Dream, Remember, Inspire" because first I dream up the cards, then I remember to send them out, then the cards inspire the people that I send them too.  I'm pretty happy with this project. Now I just have to go through and fill in all of the dates for the events I want to make cards for.

No comments:

Post a Comment