Saturday, April 14, 2012

Card Poems By ME!!!

I love to write poetry and I haven't taken the time to do it in awhile.  With all of the cards that I have been sendiing off to sick children I am occasionally at a loss for words as to what I want to put inside.  I thought that I would start to write some poems to share with you so I would have a stash of them to put into cards.  Here is the first one.  If you want to use them just make sure to include my name and the title of the poem with it. 

Feeling Like Dirt
By: Julie McElhinney


So I heard you were feeling like dirt
All walked on and stuck to the ground,
Tired, lonely and a little hurt
Feeling like the only piece of crud around.

Next time you feel this icky
Lonely, fed up and sad,
I want you to remember the good
When you think you feel this bad.

For God made dirt amazing
After all it helps the flowers grow,
It holds up the tallest buildings
And it helps the water flow.

So next time you feel like dirt
Low down and sad as can be
Perhaps you should think harder
And find a better simile.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice poem. I hope your day was good. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your poem...TY for sharing and I hope you have more good days than bad! :)

    ReplyDelete