Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Great Cricut Mother's Day Gift


Die Cuttin Divas challenge project. I hung this up on the wall in my craft room.  I really love how this turned out.  I found these $1 paper canvases at Joann that had Disney princesses on them that you could color.  I bought a couple of those and I covered one with paper using a large Zig 2 way glue pen.  I used ATG tape and adheared some light blue ribbon around the outside to give a finished look but you can't see that in the picture.  I cut the watering can at 6" from the Cricut Freshly Picked cartridge.  I put two laters of foam tape around teh watering can and taped the flowers onto the back of the can.  I tied on the pink ribbon to the handle and taped the can to the paper.  I used some glitter glue on the spout of the watering can to give it some sparkle.  I accented the flower and stripes of the can with white gel pen and added on some mini buttons.  This would make an excellent Mother's Day gift, so I might make another one for my mom or sis in law.http://thesisterhoodofcrafters.blogspot.com/2012/04/recycle-reuse-renew.html?m=1

8 comments:

  1. I think this is adorable!! What a great idea making it into a wall hanging! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea. Thanks for joining us at DCD.

    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project! Love the flower can idea and actually adding flowers. Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your project is awesome! You did a great job! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘RECYCLE, REUSE, RENEW’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card!
    Thank for joining us at DCD this week.
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a stunning project...thanks for playing along with The Sisterhood of Crafters for our Recycle Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great wall hanging! Love those flowers.
    Thanks for playing along with the Die Cuttin' Divas this week!
    Candy
    http://candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete