Monday, May 28, 2012

A Monday Poem

Open Your Eyes
By Julie McElhinney

A silence stretching across the distance
I search for the path of least resistance,
The journey is long and full of dread
I wish I could stay warm and safe in my bed.

But I put on my pack and walk along
Humming that oh so familiar song,
I trudge through the world looking for direction
Hoping to find shelter, love and protection.

My eyes were clouded I had no sight
It was like walking in the pitch dark of night,
If only I’d taken time to realize
All I had to do was open my eyes.

What I was hunting sat there from the start
All I had to do was open up my heart,
Thank you dear God for coming in
Forgiving my past and washing away my sin.

I have You when the burden is heavy to hold
To keep my heart warm in a world that’s cold,
To help me take the time to realize
That it’s difficult to see when you shut your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment