Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ladybug Birthday Card For The Cooking With Cricut Challenge



The "Ladybug hugs!" stamp is from Mary at CardzTV. 

http://www.cookingwithcricut.com/2012/02/challenge-74-birthday-cake-cupcakes.html

I made this card for my niece's 2nd birthday next month.  Her mom is doing a Ladybug theme, which will be SUPER CUTE.  I'm really looking forward to her party.  It will be a lot of fun.

I got the ladybug cut off from the Create A Critter Cricut cartridge.  I welded the ladybug together at 6" on my Gypsy.  I cut out another 6" black ladybug and glued it to the front and pieced the rest of the front of the card like normal.  I did remove the eyes and smile from the face on the cut so I could draw on the cute face myself.  I just used a crayola crayon to color in the cheeks as I don't have any chalk at the moment.  This works pretty good though if you ask me....the crayon cheeks look sweet.  :o)  The cupcake was just from a 50 cent stamp set that I got on clearance from Joann's after Valentine's day.  I colored the cupcake with my gel and glitter pens.  I used Stickles on the herat and antenae.  I LOVE this cute little ladybug card and I know that my niece will love it too.

7 comments:

  1. Super cute! LOVE ladybugs! Thanks for joining us at CWC! Smiles, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I love your shaped card, especially that the ladybug is holding a cupcake for your niece!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beyond adorable. I *love* that face you drew on - so much talent!!! :) What a super card - thanks so much for joining us this week at CWC. :)
    Nita
    www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! Thanks for linking up with me at 52 Card Pickup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie this card is precious! I love all the special details you put into this card for your niece. Thanks so much for linking up at Cooking With Cricut this week.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a wonderful card!
    Thanks for playing with us at CWC this week!

    Thanks for sharing!
    -Kemma, CookingWithCricut Design Team
    mykemmacards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sooo cute. Thanks for playing with us at CWC. Smooches... Sous Chef Feli

    ReplyDelete