Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Cooking With Cricut and Die Cuttin Divas Challenge Card


Pinned Image

I entered this card into the challenges for Cooking With Cricut www.cookingwithcricut.blogspot.com and Die Cuttin Divas http://diecuttindivas.blogspot.com/2012/03/challenge-57-music.html

I used the Kate's ABC's Cricut cartridge to do the girl.  I used glossy accents on the water under her and this turned out super cute!!!  I used a gel pen to accent her hat and coat.  I used some Studio G glitter clear glitter on the umbrella and light blue Studio G on the outside of the sheet music.  I also inked the outside of the sheet music with some light blue Tim Holtz distress ink, not sure of the actual name of that ink color.  I used a new flower punch that I got yesterday to do the daisies and colored the centers of them with a orangle sparkle pen.  I printed the sheet music out on the computer and tore around the edges.  I found the music on Google Images and edited it on Paint to get it to be the right size and have the lyrics where I wanted them to do.  Overall I'm pretty happy with this card.  It turned out pretty cool.  Let me know what you think.  :o)

12 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable! I LOVE the way you used the song as your background paper, and the little girl looks so happy, playing in the rain. GREAT job!!!! Hugs, Dawn I also love your new digi, you are a pretty good artist...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute way of incorporating so many elements. Thanks for sharing at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute! The background paper and the little girl with the umbrella are so perfect for this theme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a really great job on this card! The little girl is adorable! She reminds me of the Morton Salt girl (When it rains, it pours.) She looks so retro! I love the torn paper. It really adds a nice touch. Thanks for joining us on the Cooking With Cricut/Paper Crafting World challenge!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW! What a great card. I absolutely love it. The girl is so precious. Thanks for joining us at PaperCraftingWorld. Hope to see you soon.

    Christel
    PCW DT Member
    http://onescrappinsista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable. I love the musical note. Great touch. Thank you for joining us over at DCD.

    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a terrific card! I really want Kate's ABC cart. That is such a great idea to use sheet music for your card! Thanks for joining us at DCD.
    -Yvette
    cre8tivegirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us over at Paper Crafting World.

    Candice
    PCW DT Member
    http://stampinpearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the music paper,so perfect for the theme. thanks for sharing

    Sharon
    PCW DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the combination of the music and die cut.

    Janet B
    PCW DT member

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card. Love the music paper and the little girl. Thank for sharring at DCD this week.

    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super adorable! I just love that little girl.
    Thanks for playing along with the Die Cuttin' Divas this week.
    Candy
    candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete